Saturday, March 3, 2012

If someone has amnesia, and then they get over it, do they rememeber that they han amnesia?

Just curious, I was watching Full House today, the last episode...and the question kind of just popped into my head. :-)If someone has amnesia, and then they get over it, do they rememeber that they han amnesia?
Answer: Yes.



Although I've not had 'amnesia,' I was in an ICU for 3 weeks, mostly unconscious. On discharge, we bumped into the nurse who was the first person to nurse me on arrival, and strangely, the last person to see me leave.



My wife stood chatting with her and I stood there feeling foolish as I just did not know this young woman who obviously had a relationship with me (however Professional it was) and feeling that I was being somehow 'rude' for A: not knowing her, and B: for not feeling anything towards her.



I was in a strange sort of limbo state.



Then, having had my eyes drawn back to it while they were talking, 'her hair' ~ SUDDENLY I knew that I knew her haircut, it was weirdly copper with faded red streaks ....and I knew that I knew her and felt a sense of relief go through me.



However, I couldn't hold onto any of these images which, just like in films, they flashed into my minds eye and popped out again ...and flashbacks like that happened over some weeks (very confusing and sometimes disconcerting to) ~ all very cinematographic.



Although it's not 'the same', but I can appreciate something of the experience of an amnesiac, particularly (from what I've read) in recovery stages.



Sash.If someone has amnesia, and then they get over it, do they rememeber that they han amnesia?
Dunno,i can't remember.If someone has amnesia, and then they get over it, do they rememeber that they han amnesia?
YES! they don't have amnesia that they had amnesia. they slowly regain memories... and if they are lucky they regain them all. they retain the new memories after they woke up with amnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment