Saturday, March 3, 2012

I think I'm turning insane from Amnesia (the game).?

Recently I have played the game "Amnesia The Dark Descent" It was very scary for me but I finished it in the end. Anyway like a week later I decided to start playing it again from the beginning to see if there was anything I missed first playthrough. I constantly played it over and over again. I memorised in my head almost all of the soundtrack because I heard it all so many times. But anyway I soon started experiencing these nightmares. No nightmare was the same as the last but they were all related to the game it was about the monsters (Nightmare about the grunt and the brute being in my house) or the red slime (nightmare about the red slime in my house) or that Alexander painting (I had nightmares about loads paintings in an art gallery doing that thing). And I had them every night. But I kept playing the game, it just turned into some kind of mental obsession. And then I started to get the audial hallucinations. You know that horrible kind of screaming sound that comes on when a monster is chasing you in the game? I would start to hear that in my head constantly it just won't stop it's horrible it wont stop i cant stop it just wont stop even when i am writing this it just wont stop. It has been like this for like 6 hours now and I just can't get it out of my head. I don't know how to stop it and I am worried that soon I might get visual halucinations oh god how ******* horrible. I don't want to see a doctor because I am worried they might send me to a mental home or something. But for gods sake it is just so horrible. How can I make it stop. Please answer soon!I think I'm turning insane from Amnesia (the game).?
I played that game up until the level where it's dark and your being chased by something running through the water. I had to turn it off after that and never picked it up again because I'm a nervous person and it made me feel too panicky. I watched someone else play it a bit longer but they stopped playing too because they got "bored." I watched some videos online of people playing Amnesia and they were screaming their heads off they were so scared. I personally think Amnesia is one of the scariest games of its genre. So scary it brings nightmares!



You are going to be okay. Take as many deep breaths as you need. Stop playing the game. You're having nightmares about characters/things in the game because you have been so focused on the game that it's almost as if you have experienced these things in real life. Your nightmares are an expression of the incredible tension that you feel while playing it. We humans tend to dream the most about what we experience day to day, and if we do the same thing every day then we'll dream about it a lot. If it's related to a negative emotion, our brains flip out a little and we have nightmares and we tend to get the sights and sounds stuck in our heads for a while. It's a little bit like acute stress disorder but it can go away and isn't permanent. You've scared the crap out of yourself! It's a lot of stress for your mind to deal with so it expresses its distress in dreams.



Take the game and give it to a friend, sell it to a game shop, or just throw it away. Stop playing it and the nightmares will start going away. It might take a few weeks to stop having nightly nightmares and auditory hallucinations but they will stop soon. Find a game with a friendly tone to it like The Sims, Animal Crossing, or Harvest Moon, to name a few. Then you'll dream about being a God who controls little polygon people. I played the crap out of all three of those "lame" games and had nice dreams about them every night after I played them. I just do that. I dream about the thing I focus on the most during the day. If I study too much or feel anxious about an upcoming exam I'll freakin' study in my sleep! No joke! I'll dream about the course material and wake up feeling groggy and unrested. It's just how our brains react to stress. You will be okay. You won't fall into some deep psychosis where you lose touch with reality. The way you feel is a normal reaction to stress brought on by the scariest game made so far. I couldn't even play it.I think I'm turning insane from Amnesia (the game).?
remember to yourself its a game stop ******* playing it if u keep hearing the tracks or at least LISTEN TO YOUR OWN MUSIC while playing it if u really cant stop playing it. I recommend the telytubby song while the monster is chasing you : )

No comments:

Post a Comment